söndag 9 januari 2011

Hello? Is this thing on?

The land by the sea
Or
How to dance the Purk
Have you ever tried to run away from yourself? No matter how hard you try, when you look over your shoulder, there you are again.

3-2-1-Go!
A new year has arrived in the land called Purk. A noise is filling the land. At first it sounds just like a whisper, but as the wind carries it, the noise gets stronger and stronger. But it's not a terrifying noise, it's just the kind of noise that lies in the background and makes your head ache after realising that that sound isn't normally something that should be there. But still, there it is. And then you try to get away from it, but no matter how many pillows you hide under, how much cotton you stuff in your ears or how intense you try to think of something else, there it is. Whispering, twirling, reaching into your core. The King shrugged off his covers and marched out to the balcony.
"Please stop." No answer.
"I said please." Nothing, again.
"My Queen!" The King shouted into the Queens ear. "You have been screaming for an hour now, I think the whole land has heard you. Can you please stop now?"
With an surprised and slightly satisfied look, the Queen turned around.
"Oh, my dear, there you are. I have been trying to get you to come out here for an hour, and finally you came."
With raised eyebrows the King tried to have an answer for what his wife had just said. Finding none, he just shrugged his shoulders and answered;
"I am sorry that I didn't get her faster, my love. Next time I will hurry much more."

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar